Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pregnancy Update

27 weeks
I've had some people asking me for an update on the pregnancy, and how I am feeling, etc. Thanks for your concern, and I have good news! I started really feeling better just before Nathaniel got into town. I just kept praying that I could make it the whole time they were here without throwing up. I mean, we only have one bathroom and our place is small, so it would be no secret if I was in there getting sick all the time. No thanks. Well, the Lord heard my prayer, and I stopped the day they got here and haven't thrown up since! That's not to say I didn't have bouts of nausea, and I still do, but nothing compared to those first few horrendous months. Unfortunately, I have moved on from the sick phase and into the painful phase. I had to go to physical therapy twice a week when I was pregnant with Madeline because my hips cause me a lot of problems, and I just got a referral to head back to the physical therapist again. Oh well, I can handle pain way better than I can handle being sick.

I am a little over 27 weeks now, and things are progressing nicely. I had to get another ultrasound because they weren't able to get a good profile view of the baby's face in the first one, so that was kind of fun. Joe was in the field and had to miss it, but I got some pictures to share with him.
For some reason I am way more paranoid about getting everything we need really early with this baby than I was with Madeline. With Madeline it was a bit different because we had just graduated from college, and we knew we were going to be moving out here but Joe had about 6 months of training first, so I moved in with my brother's family about 2 weeks before she was born and stayed with them for those 6 months. It's not like we were in our own space and had a nursery to decorate or anything. Plus, they had a baby 7 months before Madeline, so I was able to use almost all their infant gear instead of buying it. She didn't even sleep in a crib; we had a little pack-n-play set up in the room we shared.
This time we don't really have a nursery, per se, since the baby will share with Madeline, but I am still able to plan out a new decor. I had given away the crib we had for Madeline, so we got a crib and have that set up. Originally I thought I would sew the bedding set, but I decided just to go online and buy it because it would be cheaper than making it, and it would be less stressful for me. So I got a set that I think is really cute, and we got a new carseat, and just a couple other small things we'll need.
The only thing left that I really want to buy is a sit n stand stroller, but I was talking to a friend today who might sell me hers, so hopefully I can check that off the list soon! I do still want to sew a few things though, like a blanket for Madeline to match the colors of the crib set, and some curtains. I purchased some blackout liners for the windows, which I have been talking about forever, so I am excited about that. And we need to paint the walls. And I have go to through all Madeline's old clothes to figure out what I want to keep and what will work with the weather here. Luckily, Madeline was born in August, so a lot of the clothes will work, but I think I'll need to get some warmer stuff in small sizes because it gets cold here much sooner than in Washington. Okay, so there is still tons of stuff to be done, now that I am writing it all out. BUT, I am moving in the right direction, and there is still time.

2 comments:

Jen said...

We LOVE our sit and stand stroller! It works so well with Emma and Linnea. I love the bedding set for the crib! And you are such a cute pregnant lady! I hope things continue to go well for you!

Jolie said...

I am SO glad to hear that you aren't nauseous anymore. That's the worst. Hopefully your hips won't bug you too much from here on out. Hey, all the better reason to kick back, take it easy (as easy as you can with a toddler around!), eat plenty of ice cream and catch up on movie watching!! ;-)

It sounds like you're nesting already. I get that way too. You get the urge to clean and organize everything in sight and you feel compelled to prepare the "nest" for the baby. I really like the crib set you chose. It's so pretty!

By the way, you are a gorgeous pregnant lady!!!