Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's a GIRL!

I had my ultrasound while Joe's brother was in town, and we were all excited to find out what we were having. Most people were pretty convinced it was a boy, given the statistics, but I still wasn't totally convinced. Turns out my original gut feeling was correct, and we are breaking the Carlile trend with another girl! We are so happy to be having another girl, and feel like this is the best thing for our family right now. Not only do we adore the girl we already have, it will make things easier since they have to share a room for now, and we already have tons of girly stuff from Madeline, so we won't have to spend much money to get prepared.

Now to just figure out a name.... It seems like we have a "name of the week" that we like, but we haven't found The One yet. We both loved Madeline, so we are kind of waiting for a name to come up that we like as much as we liked that one when we decided on it. At this rate, I'm not sure that is going to happen. Feel free to toss out any suggestions.

It's so funny that I used to think I wanted all boys and no girls, and now I wouldn't trade my girl for anything. Hooray for girls! We'll see if I am still saying that in about 10 years.

2 comments:

Jolie said...

Yeah for girls!!! Personally I think they are wonderful but I'm not biased or anything. ;-)
I love having my two girls back to back and also so close in age. Sure it's crazy in the start but they are gonna be the best of friends. Well, most of the time anyway!!
Congrats!

Katrina said...

I can't wait to meet little Emily Rose ;)