Sunday, June 14, 2009

Girl's Weekend

My friend Holley flew up from Utah for a few days, and my generous husband agreed to keep Madeline for the weekend, and let us take the car to go visit our other good friend in Boston for the weekend. I think I had forgotten how nice it is to just spend time with the girls every now and then. Everything is different when you don't have to cater your activities to a 2-yr-old. We had such a great time laughing and eating and touring Boston.


We took a walking tour of the Freedom Trail, and the guides all dress up. They must have been roasting; it was hot that day!


We had lunch at a fabulous little cafe in the North End. I love places with great atmosphere, and this place definitely had it.

This is my "action shot." Apparently I am getting ready to jump to the river. Also a nice shot of the growing belly.


My two great friends, Holley and Katrina. So glad we got to spend the weekend together!

1 comment:

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

Me too! Tell Joe thanks again, that really was great of him! When I came home and people were asking me what I liked the most about Boston etc, I realized my favorite part was just talking and laughing and seeing you guys. That is exactly what I needed. :)