Monday, February 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

The past 2 years one of my very good friends, Katrina, has come from Boston to spend Thanksgiving with us. We love having her come, and this year Madeline thought that she was her friend, not mine, so she tried to monopolize every moment with dress-up dolls and art galleries. Katrina was a good sport about that - I just hope she had as much fun being here as we had having her!

We enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with a couple of other families, followed with perusing the Black Friday ads and a rousing game of Apples to Apples. It was a nice low-key Thanksgiving, and this year we were thankful that Joe was home with us for a second holiday season in a row! (And, lucky for us, he will be here next year too! I think we are getting spoiled.)

Apparently I need to get one of those fancy cameras and learn how to take great photos, because then maybe I would remember to "capture the memories" more. As it is, I usually forget and then snap a few right before it is time to go.

Such is the case here. Katrina and I got up at some insane hour (I don't remember - 4 am?) to go try to score a good deal at Best Buy on a laptop. Of course they were sold out and we came home feeling like we would have been better off under some warm covers. So here are the pictures of us after having rolled out of bed to scoot off into the very chilly morning, and the girls who were not in the mood for picture-taking. I love this first picture because Madeline's face is priceless, and Amelia thinks she is starving to death but Joe is behind the camera saying, "Just one more! Just one more!" repeatedly. We'll just say it's a good "lifestyle" shot.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Haha that was a really fun trip. Thanks for the 4am Best Buy adventure (and thanks to Joe for coming through with the hot chocolate!). Now I can say I have had the true Black Friday experience.

Jana said...

What an awesome friend to come visit you! I love that first pic too, friends are so very special! Im lovin your posts!