Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First Snow

This winter in the North Country has been quite unusual. Last year we were Trick-or-Treating in snow, and this year we barely had any for Christmas. The past couple of days it has finally started dumping snow, but for some reason this year I don't mind it at all. In fact, I kind of love it. This year I am finding it more magical and beautiful, and I am reminding myself that being in the Army means I will probably not have a white Christmas every year.

Today is a good day for this post too, because my cousin's wife, Jana, just posted some incredible pictures of their snowflakes down in Tennessee. Have you ever really inspected snowflakes? I am completely enthralled by them. Lucky for me it was snowing here today, so after I read her post and was convinced that I had never really seen real snowflakes like that, I got to go outside and check. Sure enough, on my black coat I could make out all those perfect, magnificent snowflakes as they fell to the earth. I love it when God's creations leave me in such awe.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is to celebrate the first snow fall of the season! The very first snowfall didn't amount to much, so we just took a minute to throw a few snowballs while we were out.The next snowfall was a little more substantial - enough to put on the snow gear and go play. Madeline loves the snow, and she particularly loves to eat the snow. She also loves making snow angels, which I was surprised she remembered from last year. Last year we mostly did snowmen, but this year all she wanted was snow angels.

2 comments:

Jana said...

yeehaw! A shout out! I love that little girl I could just squeeze her! I cant wait to see how much snow you get! arent snowflakes just the coolest? I keep reading things about them and watched a video on how they grow. Its CRAZY awesome! Im so glad your back to blogging!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

you are following through! i am loving these posts!