Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Christmas Day has come and gone...

...but I will still post some pictures.

In our family it is a tradition that the stockings are handmade by grandma. I think Amelia's turned out so cute!

Don't you love the glow of a Christmas tree? It brings such warmth and peace and happiness to me. It might be my favorite part of Christmas decorations.


As you can see, Amelia was stoked to have a stocking she could fit into full of goodies just for her.

Her main present was some stacking cups that you can also fit together to make balls. It's pretty fun, and so far Madeline has really enjoyed them. :) She also got a portable changing pad (that I am enjoying) and some equally practical things. Oh, and some clothes. What can I say? She is too young to care.



Madeline is super into arts and crafts. Her Christmas list was: nail polish, lipstick (chapstick), paint, tape, and glue. (She got it all. She must have been on the nice list.) About a week before Christmas she decided what she really wanted was "a big thing" or "a big board" also known as an easel. I love this one because it is height adjustable. Madeline is a tall girl, so I think that feature will come in handy. That roll of paper at the top? Gone. I have decided I am not buying more. I hate waste, and it just wasn't get used the way it should. Maybe I'll rethink that when she is older.


See the Santa hat Joe is wearing? It came with a Christmas dress sized 3-6 months! Seriously. I hate it when hats come with outfits, they never fit.



Most of Madeline's gifts were artsy things, but she also got some Mega Bloks and a couple of games - ABC Bingo and Memory.



Joe got a circular saw, some clothes, and Guitar Hero. I got a blender, some new cooling racks, The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, new earrings, and a bunch of other things. I got spoiled. All in all, a successful Christmas!

2 comments:

Mom K. said...

I love how Amelia's stocking seriously... she could fit into! too funny Roxy. The tree is beautiful. Only thing missing is a pic of you in there!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

i want to hug that chubby baby! she really is a cutie!