Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

This year Madeline moved up from the nursery at church into the Primary classes for the children. She was so excited. Weeks before the new year she would tell me she was done with nursery and wanted to be a Sunbeam (that's what the 3 year old class is called). There is a Primary song called Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam and it suddenly became her new favorite song. Finally the week arrived and she got to go to Primary! I was serving in the Primary at the time, so it was fun for me to be able to watch her with all of her friends trying to sit still and participate. The first week was a little rough for some of them, but I'm sure they have improved. That was the only week I served in there with Madeline, because I was called as the Relief Society President the next week. {For those not familiar with the LDS Church, the Relief Society is the women's organization.} Anyway, she loves being a Sunbeam! Her favorite part is singing time, which is no shock to me because she loves to sing and dance. She has, however, reverted back to her old favorite song, which is I am a Child of God.




4 comments:

Marla said...

I can't believe our babies are Sunbeams! People always say time flies and it really does!

Jolie said...

What a beauty! She is so precious in that dress!! I remember when Joanna moved up from nursery into primary. It was surreal and weird to think that I had such an "old" kid!

Jana said...

She is such a darling little sunbeam. You sound like one busy lady! dont blink!

Unknown said...

Hi, Roxanne! Thanks for stopping by my blog...we are practically neighbors! I'll have to try the Softlips beeswax...I didn't get any of those to try! Stay warm (and moisturized) this winter!