Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gingerbread House {aka Eating Candy}

Since Joe is really a kid at heart, this year he got to help Madeline decorate her gingerbread house. Madeline was so excited to build her house, and she asked me just about every 5 minutes for 2 days until we finally did it.

The thing is, she really just wanted the candy. It's a good thing we just bought a kit from the store, and the house itself was even pre-assembled, so we didn't care. I know, that is a total cop-out, but I am not trying to enter any contests for the best gingerbread house or anything, I just want my kid to have a good time. And, in my defense, I didn't realize the house was pre-assembled when I bought it (Although I admit I was excited when I did realize it - have you ever tried to get those roof pieces to stay on? Annoying.).

So this first picture pretty much epitomizes what went on. Joe put frosting on the house, Madeline ate some candy, put a few pieces on the house, ate some more candy. Fun!


The finished product! I actually think it turned out really cute. For about a day. Then there were little spots where the candy was missing. Hmm... wonder where it went....




3 comments:

Grace said...

It is very cute!! I'm amazed that she ate the candy with the frosting on it. I think the frosting tastes gross!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

i am nobody's hero, those houses are way hard to make!

Mom K. said...

Love it when Dad's play with kids...Great job Joe!. Yes cute house so is my baby girl. :>). I would eat the ones looking like skittles first...unless of course marshmallows are invilved. Love to ya all!