Friday, January 2, 2009

Oops! I forgot one...

So this post really belongs in 2008, but the pictures were on Joe's camera so I forgot about them.

Madeline was really excited to make a real gingerbread house this year, and like most kids she had a ball decorating, but most importantly she got to eat TONS of candy!

First, we had to mix the icing...
This is her favorite place in the kitchen. Whenever I am doing anything in there, she has to drag a chair in and stand on it so that she can see. She loves to cook!

After the icing was ready we assembled the house, and then the real fun could begin.

Like I said, LOTS of candy was consumed by this little girl in the making of this gingerbread house.
See what I mean?
Ta da! What a cute gingerbread house.
There was another gingerbread house experience, at our friend's house for Family Home Evening. We used graham crackers for that one, and I would show it too you, but it got eaten before I could even take a picture. That chair sure comes in handy when you need to pull some graham crackers and candy off the counter!

4 comments:

Okie Bloxhams said...

that is so sweet!! Chloe has always been my helper but now I have 2 fighting to help!! at least Shad isn't interested.;o)

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHHHHH my goodness! What a face. This blog is so awesome, I wish I'd have been there for that day. She is a keeper. Love you all. Mom

Jolie said...

[in response to your comment on my blog] I miss you too!!! Even though the kids make every day fly by for me, it still feels like an eternity ago when we got to hang out. You and Joe are so fun and I bet Madeline, Joanna, and Jaclyn would have a blast playing together.


We made the attempt at gingerbread houses at our house too. Our girls also consumed an exorbitant amount of candy. If there was a such thing as overdosing on sugar, I think they both would have died that day. ;-)

Jon and Tamara said...

That is so cute. What a good mother you are and what a truly happy little girl she is and a fabulous mommy's helper. :-)