Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Decorating

We were a little late on the decorating this year, but it got done. It was one of those things that I kept putting off because I thought it was going to take forever and I "didn't have time." Once we actually did it, it didn't even take that long and I was annoyed that we waited.

We bought a fake Christmas tree (I know, I like the real ones too, but I can’t do everything) when we were in college, and this is the second time it has been used in 5 Christmases together. Can you tell we are in the Army? In fact, this is the first Christmas that we have been all together in our own home on Christmas. It was exciting to think that we could start our own traditions and have a lazy Christmas day if we wanted to.

Madeline loved decorating the tree. Joe and I had considered putting it up one night after she went to bed, thinking it would be easier, but I’m so glad we didn’t. There is nothing like the magic of Christmas in a child’s eyes. I have an ornament that I bought for Madeline’s first Christmas, and it plays “Silent Night” when you push the button. I hung this low, so that Madeline could have access to it. Not sure if that was a good idea. That thing was played nonstop for about 2 days. Then she decided to “redecorate” and it got placed even lower, but I think it was so low she forgot about it. Darn. Yes, our tree was a little more crowded around the bottom, because Madeline wanted to hang EVERY ornament. It was so much fun though.



One of Madeline's first Christmas ornaments (Yes, we have 4 of them - but don't judge, I only bought 1!)...

See how cooperative Joe was in posing for a picture? Notice how he doesn't actually have an ornament in his hand? I won't mention this is like the 3rd one I took.









We have some cute videos Joe took while we were decorating, but I won't post them because Beyonce is blaring in the background and it's a little embarrassing. What's that you say? Where is the Christmas music? Ask my husband. Anyway, I took this one at the end, and it's really the cutest anyway. Joe was in the other room trying to wrap some presents, and apparently he was lacking some tape.



3 comments:

Thueson 5 said...

We have some like that too! I figured out how to take out the sound in windows movie maker and then just put music with it. It is really easy. This one is cute though.

Dani said...

She couldn't be any cuter!

Jolie said...

Those are cute pictures of you guys decorating the tree. I got a good laugh at your video. Madeline is adorable, but what really cracked me up were the pleas from the other room for more tape. Aren't husbands something else??? Josh is the same way!