Sunday, October 25, 2009

Amelia - 1 Month

Waiting at the doctor's office.
Amelia is already a month old! She is up to 10 pounds, 15 ounces and 21 3/4 inches. She is doing really well, and her sleeping habits are actually better than Madeline's were at this age. She will often give me a solid 5 hours of sleep at night, and a few times she has gone 6-7 hours. I am so glad for those nights, because she does have her days when she is fussy and just wants to be held all day, and the nights when I am super tired and she just won't go to sleep until some time after midnight.
We did discover that she broke her collarbone when she was born. It is healing fine and doesn't bother her much because she doesn't have to raise her arms above her head. Joe broke his collarbone when he was born too, and then he broke it again later, so I am just hoping this doesn't mean she has a greater chance of breaking it again later.
Although being a mother of 2 is easier than I imagined, I will say I find it exhausting to take 2 kids out to run errands. Even if Amelia is sleeping the whole time, just hauling her around and trying to keep track of Madeline while still keeping an eye on Amelia wears me out. I feel for you moms trying to take 3 and 4 kids out.

2 comments:

Jen said...

wow! She's a growing girl! That's great. My little Linnea is 5 months old and only 12 pounds 13 ounces. The doctor wants her to gain more weight but she's not cooperating. Oh well! And wrangling 2 kids gets easier. It's second nature now but it took me oh 5 months for that to happen! :)

Mom K. said...

Beautiful girls bring them to see me soon!!!