Sunday, June 29, 2008

There's Bad News, and There's Good News...

The BAD news is that Madeline has been sick for the last couple of days. Normally she is so active I can hardly keep up with her, but yesterday she literally laid in bed from 10:30 am until 6 pm when I finally made her get up to try to eat some dinner. No luck. She would not even take one bite. Her temperature was up to 102.5 at one point, and I felt so bad for her. After she wouldn't eat dinner I decided to give up and let her go back to bed for the night. We just read some stories on the couch, and then I managed to get her to eat a few bites before she went to sleep early.

This morning she seemed to be doing better; the fever was virtually gone and she was eager to eat breakfast. I considered going to church, even though I had already arranged for a substitute to teach singing, but thought better of it. I was having flashbacks of the last time I took Madeline to church when she had been sick... The minute I sat down in the pew, she threw up everywhere - all over me, herself, the pew, the carpet. And we were visiting family in Utah so I walked through half the church building before I could find the bathroom to clean us up. Well, it is a good thing I opted out of church today. By 11:00 am her fever was back up to 102 and all she wanted was to lay on the couch and read books and then fall asleep. Poor girl. I hope she gets feeling better soon. Good thing I have lots of sugar-free drinks and fruit popsicles on hand.

However, the GOOD news is that it is "officially" less than a week until Joe is here! "Officially" has to be in quotes, because with the Army, nothing is ever official. But I am sooo excited to see him, and spend time with him, and watch him and Madeline playing together. We are into our 11th month since he left, and this break is long overdue. He will be here for 18 days, and I have several fun and exciting things lined up for us to do (though not too many, because I know all he really wants to do is relax with his family). I think I am most looking forward to our romantic getaway that I have planned for us. We are leaving Madeline with someone from church for a couple days and taking off. I can't disclose any details yet, because it is a surprise, but I am STOKED for what I have planned. So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, just know that I am having a fabulous time with my husband, off the grid.

Oh, and don't bother calling me from July 5 until July 24. I'm unavailable. :)

No comments: