Saturday, June 7, 2008

Big Girl Bed






Since I had no idea how to set up Madeline's crib when we returned home, I made the executive decision to move her up to a toddler bed. This is yet another step that has forced me to come to terms with the fact that my precious baby is now a full-blown toddler (although still precious if you ask me). She was so excited when we went to pick it up, and all the way home I heard "Bed! Bed!" floating up from the back seat. She helped me push it into place in her room, all the while giggling and bursting with excitement. I think it was the right decision; she has done so well sleeping in it. She loves feeling like a big girl, and when she is not sleeping in it, inevitably one of her babies is tired so she has to tuck it in with a "Night night" and a kiss... then I usually get to kiss the baby too before we can move on.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Madeline is so cute, I love that she tucks her babies into bed! I am really glad that you started doing this too, but cause it is always nice to talk on the phone, but pictures are worth... well... a thousand words. I totally know what you mean about being out with a little more space and having a historic buildings etc. I love those kinda of neighborhoods.

Amber said...

I love this picture of Madeline, she is soooo cute. yessss, a big girl bed. I'm so glad that she did good with the new bed, Ethan did good too, but I keep hearing that some children have a hard time with it. I'm happy to hear that you all are loving it in New York and the house is super cute too. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Love Ya,

Amber

Reese said...

Way to go...you are sooo ahead of me. You can tell she's excited with the big grin on her face. Soooo happy you're blogging!!! :)

Mom K. said...

I love this! What a cutie-pie Miss Madeline is huh? Such a big girl since she left here. Missing you all the more now...(((smiling at you))) Love always

Jolie said...

Roxanne!!!! I'm so glad that you "stalked" us out!! We think about you guys and wonder..."mmm, I wonder what happened to Joe and Roxanne?!?!" ;-) Well now we know! So you're in NY. That's neato. But I guess that means that we can't drop by for a visit any time soon.
And YES. You're right. Lots has changed since we saw each other. We are multiplying like rabbits over here, and your little girly is SOOOO adorable!
What's your email? Mine is jojoramsey79@yahoo.com

Talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.