Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

In addition to Madeline's painted pumpkin, we had one other pumpkin to carve. Good thing it was only one. Madeline picked the most detailed pattern of all the choices, and then was bored by the time the pumpkin guts were all scooped out.


Joe persevered and finished the haunted house, and I think it turned out great! I couldn't get a good picture with it lit, but it looks spooky.

The girls got to wear their costumes 3 times this year - once to a friend's birthday party, once to the church Halloween party, and once to trick-or-treat. I like that because it makes me feel a little better about the money spent on costumes (I am not crafty enough to come up with an idea and do a homemade costume).

Madeline was Little Bo Peep.


Amelia was her sheep.


Joe was a pirate. He scrounged up these accessories from friends at church so he could dress up for a battalion run they did at work. He also got a lot of wear out of his costume, because he dressed up for the party and trick-or-treating too.


6 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Robin--

Just found your blog through your facebook link. Congratulations on the new arrival. It looks like you guys are doing well, which is always nice to see.

You can check out our blog at live-inspired.blogspot.com.

We're excited to keep better tabs on your family now that we know your blog address.

Batman's Wife

Okie Bloxhams said...

OH MY GOSH! that is the cutest thing EVER with little bo peep and her sheep. SOOOO cute! If you can't tell, I love it!

Jen said...

How fun!

Mom K. said...

They make the Bahhhhhhhst peep & sheep ever. Oh sry, Roxy I couldn't help myself. LOL

Lynda said...

Roxanne & Joe,
First, a HUGE congratulations to Joe! What a superior accomplishment. The pictures are wonderful. Madaline & Amelia are absolutely darling. Thanks for all the updates. I check your site every week to get the news.
Take Care,
Lynda

Jana said...

I think I could use that sheep about now....just a little pink sheep, just one...oh and maybe you could send Bo Peep too? oh why thankyou, how nice of you to share your girl power =D