Sunday, August 2, 2009

More Visitors!

One of my best friends, Dani, had a vacation planned with her parents and siblings to D.C. at the beginning of July. Dani and I have been friends since Jr. High but we also went to college together and were roommates for awhile. During college I got to know her family really well, and they sort of adopted me into their fun family traditions including family vacations and get-togethers. I absolutely love all of them, and cannot get enough of the Drury fam.

They thought that as long as they were going to be on the east coast they would make the trip up to come see our place and have a short visit. It really made me feel special that they were willing to hop in the car and drive several hours out of their way just to see us, but we had a great time.

I forgot to take any pictures while they were here, but luckily Dani's dad loves to take pictures and he e-mailed some to me.

They were only here for one full day, so we decided to go up to the Thousand Islands region and take a boat tour through US and Canadian waters to see some awesome mansions and a castle. The weather turned out really nice, so it was the perfect activity for the day.





Later that night we barbequed some kabobs at our house and Madeline entertained us all with her trampoline and a dance performance. It was pretty hysterical.

We ended the evening with a trip out to one of the many ice cream stands in this area. I really think it is a unique feature of Northern New York - I have never seen so many ice cream stands in one place. They consist of just a small walk-up building with some picnic tables and a grassy area around it to eat your ice cream. I seriously think I could name at least 6 within 15-20 minutes of my house. It sort of makes me laugh, since they obviously have to close down for the majority of the year with the horrendous winters we have. But they are fun and it was a great treat.

We love having visitors, and are so glad the Drurys made the trip up!

3 comments:

Jon and Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Tamara said...

What a cute little belly. You do NOT look like you are due in September. Only a month away. Hope Joe's schedule isn't TOO crazy. :-) Hey, I loved those ice cream huts. We always stopped at Jodi's Dairy Bar by the airport because they had huge ice cream cones (called baby cones) for $1, but I think they upped the price this year. Yummy. Enjoy!

Jana said...

Hey muffin! greetings from John and Jana Warnke!!! Got your url from Grandma Beth!! cant wait to catch up on your precious family and that sweet belly of yours!