Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Countdown Begins...

35 weeks


It is official. There is less than a month until another precious girl be making her grand entrance into our family. Remember when I was saying that I was being all proactive and getting a lot done really early for the baby? Yeah, that sort of tapered off, and now I am in the usual semi-panic that comes with thinking about how much I have left to do, and how little time there is to do it!

We still haven't painted, and of course I feel like that has to be done before I can put everything else in place. Hopefully that will get done soon. Joe isn't working as long these days, but it just seems there is always something going on. One of these days....

Otherwise, things are going well. I am feeling pretty good, with just minor bouts of nausea. My hip has been way better this time around, which I attribute to not nearly as much walking as when I was pregnant with Madeline. With her I was still in college so I was walking across campus several times a day, and I think it really aggravated it. Now we still walk to the school playground or the library, but it doesn't compare. The biggest difference this time around is that I am having massive braxton hicks contractions, which can be pretty uncomfortable. Otherwise, I can't complain. Just the usual annoyance of getting so big it is hard to bend over or get up. I'm trying to enjoy my last days with only one child to care for, and lots of sleep. We are all getting excited for another sweet baby to hold, and looking forward to welcoming her into our family. Even Madeline is constantly telling people, "I'm going to be a big sister!"

4 comments:

Marla said...

Get as much sleep as you can, Liam was ready to go right when he woke up and the baby of course needed me too--Busy, busy and BUSY!!

Katrina said...

I like your polka dot dress!

Jolie said...

That's so cute that Madeline is telling people she's going to be a big sister!

I've been watching for baby updates so keep 'em comin'!!!

You look so beautiful too. ;-)

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

prego to the mego! you are looking good! i am so excited for amelia!