Monday, November 17, 2008

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For

October 24, 2008. The Big Day. Jocephus finally came home, for good, from Iraq! He flew in at about 8:15 am, but the Welcome Home Ceremony wasn't until 1:30 so we had to wait a grueling 5 hours to get to see him. Needless to say, it was all worth it. Another member of our ward came home that day too, so we sat with his wife at the ceremony, and some other sweet women from church came to support us and take pictures. Thank you!

The ceremony was short and sweet. It had to be - there were 600 soldiers that came home that day. Can you imagine trying to hold back 600 spouses from their soldiers who have been away for 15 months? Right.

I guess we made it on TV, on one of the news channels. We don't have TV so I didn't even hear about it until a couple of weeks later. But hey, we're famous! Autograph anyone?

Seriously, we are so grateful for his safe return, and we know the Lord was watching over our family during this deployment. It is true that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but I am so glad he is home because I don't know how much fonder I could get of him!

I know, enough words. You only came for the pictures. Wait no more!




Joe is the last one in this picture. He was first in the second row. Gene Cottrell, who is in our ward, is right in front of him. Welcome Home, Gene!

6 comments:

Jon and Tamara said...

Oh Roxanne, we are all so happy for you! We're so glad Joe is home and glad we could be there with you. You guys are such a cute family. :-)

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

i keep checking to see when this was gonna get posted... but i am all about the pictures!!! i am SO happy for you guys and so glad that prayers were answered to bring Joe home safe. madelines shirt is adorable!

Jen said...

YAY!!!I'm so happy for you guys! Tell Joe we said hi. Are you guys coming out for the holidays? We should totally meet up somewhere if you are!

Katrina said...

Those pictures are so sweet! I'll see you in person next week!

Christina and Toni said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I love the pictures that are in black and white!!!

Jolie said...

We are also so grateful for Joe's safe return. I'm sure that this Christmas season is going to be so magical having hubby/dad around again!
Roxanne you are so beautiful in those pictures!! I'm sure Joe thought you were a knock out when he saw you. :~D
Also, Madeline is adorable. I know you already know this, but I just wanted to tell you anyways. I can't decide who she takes after more; you or Joe. She's a great combo.